Qube Global Software’s Horizon team updated existing users on the latest developments to the solution at last month’s annual Customer Conference.
Horizon Product Director Neil Harrison spoke about notable highlights in 2013, which have included the opening of a new office in Singapore to cover the Asia-Pacific region, a major increase in the user adoption rate of the latest version of the software (Horizon 10) this year and numerous updates to the solution. These have included the integrated Vision business intelligence dashboards and improved purchase to pay, facilities management and cash management functionality. Excitingly, Horizon is also now fully compatible with Apple iPad and Mac devices.
This follows some significant successes in the previous year, when we welcomed the Cadogan Estate, Taziz Property Management and the Industrial Development Agency (IDA) as new customers among others. In addition – due to growth in the global corporate services team at the CBRE, even more international corporations started to use Horizon to help them manage their property commitments.
Horizon is subject to continual development as we seek to support the needs of these customers. Neil explained at the conference that the next release of Horizon 10.1 SP14 will lead to further enhancements including:
- a tenant portal to allow tenants to self-service their financial accounts and management of service requests
- a supplier portal to allow suppliers to self-service their contracts and service activities
- automatic scanning of accounts payable invoices leading to quicker data entry
- enhanced flexibility in accounts payable delegated authorities
- support for compliance with latest UK government CIS rules
- improved integration of reports to excel.
Speaking about the latest developments, Neil (pictured above speaking at the conference) commented:
“We’re always trying to improve the breadth and depth of Horizon so that our customers can automate more, maximise intelligence gained from data and be more efficient. We’re really excited about the enhancements we’re currently working on and think they offer a significant step forward for our customers.”