English Partnerships is the national regeneration agency helping the Government to support high quality sustainable growth in England.
It has five core business areas and delivers its objectives through:
- Developing a portfolio of strategic sites;
- Acting as the Government’s specialist advisor on brownfield land;
- Ensuring that surplus Government land is used to support wider Government objectives, especially the Sustainable Communities Plan;
- Helping to create communities where people can afford to live and want to live; and
- Supporting the urban renaissance by improving the quality of our towns and cities.
English Partnerships identified that by replacing its proprietary systems there would be significant benefits including increased efficiency in business processes, enhanced support for strategic decision making and removing the risks associated with supporting software that had become technically obsolete.
In particular, English Partnerships required a system that would provide the following:
- A central point for all property related information that can be accessed by both internal staff and selected third parties in an easy and intuitive manner
- Powerful user-defined reporting
- Interfaces where appropriate to associated applications and databases
The requirement has considerable similarities with other Fraser Williams clients including The National Trust, United Utilities, Defence Estates
and The Crown Estate. In particular, their requirement includes use of
the core asset/estate management functionality within Horizon for land and properties, including acquisitions/part acquisitions and disposals/part disposals of their interests.
They also aim to allow certain third parties to have direct access to specific information. This allows Horizon to be used as a collaboration tool for internal staff and external specialist consultants including legal, insurance and valuation partners.
Furthermore, they require interfaces with GIS mapping systems, allowing land to be controlled with a much greater degree of accuracy; and with their third party finance systems.